Alfred Hitchcock The Birds Barbie Doll Get it now!


Well...

I saw this "Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds" Barbie doll and I knew I had to have it! I love Alfred Hitchcock and this Barbie was certainly a great idea for a great homage! The recreation of Tippi Hedren is great... the falling hair after the bird attack... the suit... the black birds... everything is so evocative, this is indeed the perfect toy homage.

Naturally, this is a collector's item, therefore, it is not supposed to played with. Children will probably ask "what happened to her? Why the birds?" But the answer is simple: THE BIRDS is simply one of the greatest films ever! I could not think of a greater honor: to be released as a Barbie doll.

I'm not a doll collector... by this one captured my imagination and I am already going to have to control myself when Mattel releases more Hitchcock dolls. And I already have my favorite ones on my mind:
REAR WINDOW - This Barbie recreates Lisa Freemont when she she first appears.
VERTIGO - This Barbie recreates Madeleine Elster with the hairdo and the gray suit she wore when she died... and the necklace, naturally...
PSYCHO - This Barbie comes in tones of gray (since the film is in black & white). This is a naked Barbie that comes in a shower... screaming! LOL

Other Barbies I'd love to see...
Gloria Swanson from SUNSET BOULEVARD - The final scene... "Alright, Mr. DeMille..."
Anita Ekberg from LA DOLCE VITA - The fountain scene!
Joan Crawford from JOHNNY GUITAR
Bette Davis from JEZEBEL or NOW, VOYAGER
Cyd Charisse from SINGIN' IN THE RAIN... the beautiful dream number.

I guess I'd better stop now... or I'll go bankrupt. LOL!Get more detail about Alfred Hitchcock The Birds Barbie Doll.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น